CLANG vs GCC tests of fortran/f2c program

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Jun 20 21:11:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:07:09PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> ><email elided for purposes of courtesy> wrote:
> >>Will i be able to compile FreeBSD base system with gcc after some time?
> >>not sure.
> >
> >Why is that so important for you?
> if you would read even less than carefully the topic you will get
> the answer.

I'll try to help out, here.

Christer Solskogen: I think the reason that is so very important to
Wojciech Puchar is the fact that he is incapable of imagining:

1. other concerns that might apply

2. that things appear highly likely to change

3. that a negligible performance difference is . . . negligible

I'm pretty sure he's not running compute clusters on FreeBSD, after all.