Why Clang

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Jun 20 13:48:32 UTC 2012

Polytropon wrote:
> I assume it's just an aspect of "still being too young" in
> regards of missing the difference between freedom and
> anarchy: the right to extend one's freedom is limited
> as soon as it limits the freedom of others. Maybe another
> aspect is the lack of discussion culture and the proper
> use of means of language. You often find such behaviour
> among school children of the lower grades. Using words
> without knowing their meaning is very typical for people
> in puberty. :-)

Yes.  Questions@ has some un- self- disciplined kids/ drunks/ trolls,
who degrade this list's signal to noise ratio.

They could be reduced by a combo. of eg:
	- forcible unsub, & black list,
	- block of anon. remailer domains
	- making this list "subscribtion required before posting".
		(which would make it harder for newbies fresh to
		FreeBSD, but we need some solution)

I suggest others too should complain to <postmaster at freebsd.org>
appending offenders bad postings, & let postmaster decide action.

The only other option I can think of is to personaly extend my
procmail filter on my own questions@ incoming stream, to delete all
postings from listed individuals.
	Many others could do similar, but massive inefficiency, &
	newbies couldn't, & the noise on the raw unfiltered list &
	in web achives would damage FreeBSD.

Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".