An idea I have!

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Jun 19 22:53:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:57:50PM -0400, Allen wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> So, I'm sitting here watching True Blood, and also checking my Email,
> and updating my Ports, and a thought hits me; Wouldn't it be a cool way
> to do FreeBSD Advocacy, by making a BSD based band???
>
> And the name would be so simple! "The BSD Boys" !! (Yea I know, BSD has
> been sued enough lol, but come on, you have to admit that "Beastie" as a
> mascot, the name was chosen and meant to be pronounced "BSD" because
> "Beastie" sort of sounds like that when said out loud.
>
> I could even try writing a song like "BSD Licensed to Init" or something
> else moderately funny ;) Ohh!!! "License to Kill -9" ;)
>
> I know some of this is just silly and all, but in my experience, most of
> you have a very good sense of humor, and it's almost 11 PM right now,
> and I have to get up for work at 1:30 AM, so, between the no sleep
> thing, and me having to much to do right now, I needed a little break,
> and, well, I like humor, and making people laugh.
>
> Of course, this COULD actually be a neat idea if done right lol.
> Anyway, I Hope someone gets a good laugh out of this. I'm generally
> actually pretty good with coming up with ideas, as I'm usually pretty
> creative for the most part, and, well, what can I say? I'm sitting here
> in one of my Christmas Presents (Oldschool FreeBSD "Power to Serve" Tee
> Shirt) and I thought "Hey, I wonder if I can try this out".  Anyway, I
> can probably come up with way more than this, and if anyone likes it, or
> thinks it's funny, I'll try more :)
>
> If nothing else, I Hope it gives someone a laugh,
>
> -Allen

I did smile, for sure.  Do you suppose we could have
grog@ on bassoon?

Slightly more seriously, look WAY back in the archives
(well, less than 15 years, more than 5) and see if you can
find W. Palfreman's take on the Beatles "Let it Be".  "BSD,
BSD, BSD, yeah, BSD ... there will be an answer..."

I don't know if I could perform with such a group, but I'd
be interested in helping produce the studio work.  Unfortunately,
my audio box runs Windows.  Win98, AAMOF.

My synth is on its last legs, too.

Kevin Kinsey

PS > I found it for ya:  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-chat/2004-March/002195.html