FreeBSD 8.3 + MySQL 5.0.95

Simon simon at optinet.com
Thu Jun 14 14:07:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:04:26 +0100, Paul Macdonald wrote:

>On 13/06/2012 19:34, Simon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I upgrade to FreeBSD 8.3-p3 and installed MySQL 5.0.95 from ports.
>>
>> It runs fine until it dies silently. Does anyone run a heavy loaded MySQL
>> under such setup? how can I troubleshoot this?
>>
>> I could never compile a stable MySQL server from the ports and always
>> relied on MySQL community server binaries but there is no binary for
>> latest 5.0.xx
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Simon
>>
>Its not clear if you upgraded mysql or just did a vanilla fresh install,
>but assuming the former,

>i take it you ran the mysql_upgrade script post upgrade?

>/usr/ports/databases/mysqlXX-scripts

No, I did not run the mysql_upgrade because this was a minor upgrade.

I was running 5.0.88 Community Server binary install built by mysql developers
rock solid for long time. Then I decided to upgrade to latest 5.0.x but there is
no such build for FreeBSD by the MySQL developers. So I decided to give the
ports version a shot. I compiled and installed databases/mysql50-server
with BUILD_STATIC The latest mysql50-server under FBSD 8.3 is 5.0.95
BTW, I'm doing this on FreeBSD 8.3-p3 AMD64

PS I just had it die on a different machine that is less loaded and uses less
memory.

-Simon