FreeBSD9 - I can't get my mouse to work

Erich erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Wed Jun 6 02:55:17 UTC 2012

Hi

I have had success on my hardware with this setting:

#               The working configuration. The mouse daemon in /etc/rc.conf
#               was dsabled.
#
#               Section "ServerLayout"
#                       Identifier     "X.org Configured"
#                       Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
#                       InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
#                       InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
#               EndSection
#
#               Section "ServerFlags"
#                       Option  "AllowEmptyInput"       "false"
#                       Option  "AutoAddDevices"        "false"
#               EndSection

Turning off the mouse daemon was the key on that hardware.

The same xorg settings needed the mouse daemon turned on on other hardware.

Good luck!

Erich