/usr/bin/find - binary operands howto

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:02:20 UTC 2012

A single find already had the needed selection and execution ops.
So I was trying it first, before writing an external parser, etc.

It's still not clear to me how find is compiling the arguments
internally, but using -vv on the utils helped a lot. After adding
-false after all the -exec's, it now works as desired up against
my array of inodes. I also worked in a pre-change, select, ls.

The arbitrary format of gfind is interesting. It can maybe be
approximated in find with -exec ls someargs {} \+.