[SOLVED] Re: optionsng ignores /var/db/ports/<portname>/options

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 5 01:36:43 UTC 2012

On 6/4/12 5:25 PM, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 04:01:27PM -0400, Greg Larkin wrote:
>>> Well, it was a bug, but not particularly in showconfig alone,
>>> see below.

>>> The bad news is that it was a bug in the ports system. It
>>> turned out that because of the way the unique name of the port
>>> was set (which happens twice), the options file is not read
>>> from the same directory that it is written to! Thanks to
>>> Baptiste Daroussin for clueing me in in this. I've gained a new
>>> respect for the people maintaining the ports infrastructure.
>>> :-) It's kind of amazing it works as well as it does.
>>>
>>> The good news is that there are several workarounds. For
>>> future reference, the workaround that I ended up using was to
>>> set the following variable in the port makefile:
>>>
>>> OPTIONSFILE=    ${PORT_DBDIR}/py27-${PORTNAME}/options
>>>

>>> Roland
>>
>> Hi Roland,
>>
>> I don't think you want to hardcode the "py27-" in the variable
>> assignment, since it ties the filename to a specific version of
>> Python.  Check PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX, and it should adjust itself
>> as the Python version changes.
>
> Actually, if I understood correctly, the fact that
> PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX _changes_ from py- to py27- in different parts
> of the included .mk files is what causes the problem in the first
> place. So I did this on purpose.
>
> Roland

Hi Roland,

Ok, I should have read the previous thread emails more closely.  At
any rate, putting a specific Python version into the name of the
OPTIONSFILE seems a bit confusing.  Could you achieve the same outcome
by putting "py-" instead of "py27-" in the name?

Regards,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin