FreeBSD 8.3 support for LSI SAS 2208 based controllers/Dell PERC 710

Simon simon at optinet.com
Mon Jun 4 23:22:10 UTC 2012

I'm glad to hear at least the Perc 6/i is working fine with R610 which is
what I'm looking to get to avoid all the trouble with the new R620 Albeit
I need to use the 1TB SAS drives that are 6gbps, so I really wanted to
use the H700 instead of the much older Perc 6/i, which I also have working
fine in a number of R710s

When you get a chance, please find out what those other R610s are
running and in what RAID config.

I'm surprised so few on the list use Dell's Perc H700

Thanks,
Simon