FreeBSD on the ASUS P8H67-M LGA1155 H67 motherboard

Peter Vereshagin peter at vereshagin.org
Sat Jun 2 19:08:05 UTC 2012

Hello.

2012/06/02 23:40:25 +0700 Victor Sudakov <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> => To freebsd-questions at freebsd.org :
VS> What video card would the collective mind of FreeBSD users recommend?
VS> I'm not a gamer, this box runs FreeBSD only with a recent xorg, I
VS> often watch movies on it.

I'd try with nvidia. Any modern one has support of 'xvideo' extension with the
'driver nv' that is 'just enough' for watching movies.

I've no modern hardware but the model that works good for years for me is: tnt2
agp 32M. Just the same as out of every TransNeft's trashcan around the corner
these days. ;-)

--
Peter Vereshagin <peter at vereshagin.org> (http://vereshagin.org) pgp: A0E26627