How to crontab screen with script inside and a "don't run it if it's already running" check?

Jens Jahnke jan0sch at gmx.net
Sat Jun 2 10:57:46 UTC 2012

Hello Dwayne,

On Sat, 2 Jun 2012 10:59:09 +0200
Dwayne Henderson <its.code.in.here at gmail.com> wrote:

DH> Nice. But what to do if the machine reboots or whatever. Would you
DH> crontab your new Irssi alias?

I'm not sure. On my remote box I usually start irssi by hand because it
only ceases if the machine is rebooted. ;-)

The current alias itself would probably cause problems in
a crontab. But you could maybe wrap it into a modified if that only
calls the alias if the pgrep command returns an empty result.

Regards,

Jens

--
02. Brachet 2012, 12:54