Problem with pkgconf and glib.

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Mon Jul 30 17:45:18 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 08:21:21PM +0300, Jeff Tipton wrote:
> On 07/30/2012 19:46, Bas Smeelen wrote:

[snip]

> Yes, but try now to rebuild X, or emacs (as Christopher). For me, it
> dies at devel/gobject-introspection with the following:
>
> GISCAN GLib-2.0.gir
> g-ir-scanner: GLib: warning: 484 warnings suppressed (use --warn-all to
> see them)
>    GISCAN GObject-2.0.gir
> g-ir-scanner: GObject: warning: 27 warnings suppressed (use --warn-all
> to see them)
>    GISCAN GModule-2.0.gir
> g-ir-scanner: GModule: warning: 1 warnings suppressed (use --warn-all to
> see them)
> gmake[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `/usr/local/include/usr/local/include/usr/local/include/usr/local/include/gio-unix-2.0/gio/*.h',
> needed by `Gio-2.0.gir'.  Stop.
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection/work/gobject-introspection-0.10.8'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection/work/gobject-introspection-0.10.8'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> *** Error code 1
>
> I don't know what to do with this, I'm already considering ports downgrade.
>
> -Jeff

While I'm sure that this is just a temporary glitch, in my case the
target box is the build machine that I use to maintain all my packages
for a set of FreeBSD servers. I unfortunately don't have to time to
trace the problem in pkgconf today. I'll try to run it through gdb
during the week to see why it's tripple the "/usr/local/include" part
of the include path.

-- Chris

Chris Hilton                                   e: chris|at|vindaloo|dot|com