How to get Huawei EC1561 USB modem working under FreeBSD 8.2?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Jul 25 14:43:04 UTC 2012

El día Wednesday, July 25, 2012 a las 08:23:57PM +0700, Erich Dollansky escribió:

> You enter then
>
> usbconfig -u 0 -a 4 dump_device_desc
>
> and you should get something like this:
>
> ugen0.4: <Huawei CDMA Technologies MSM Huawei, Incorporated> at usbus0,
> cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON
>
>   bLength = 0x0012
>   bDescriptorType = 0x0001
>   bcdUSB = 0x0200
>   bDeviceClass = 0x0000
>   bDeviceSubClass = 0x0000
>   bDeviceProtocol = 0x0000
>   bMaxPacketSize0 = 0x0040
>   idVendor = 0x12d1
>   idProduct = 0x1803
>   bcdDevice = 0x0000
>   iManufacturer = 0x0003  <Huawei, Incorporated>
>   iProduct = 0x0002  <Huawei CDMA Technologies MSM>
>   iSerialNumber = 0x0000  <no string>
>   bNumConfigurations = 0x0001
>
> You try to find a solution from the other side of the rope. I think we
> better start here first.

Yep, I said this already: before there is no modem /dev/.... device
which belongs to the Huawei device and produced by u3g, and before one
can not talk with AT cmds (for example with kermit), it makes no
real sense to think in ppp and fire up ppp;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
e <guru at unixarea.de> - w http://www.unixarea.de/