PCBSD9.0-x64-DVD and Intel HD Graphics 2000

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Mon Jul 23 21:13:08 UTC 2012

On 07/23/2012 03:37 AM, Vladislav wrote:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU

Okay.

On 07/23/2012 06:30 AM, Erich Dollansky wrote:
 > this where the problem starts. If nothing changed since I used this,
it only supports VESA on i7 CPUs.

Okay.

I wrote:
 > I have updated the system using Update Manager, and the problems persist.

On 07/23/2012 06:30 AM, Erich Dollansky wrote:
 > What does this affect? Also the FreeBSD part?

I don't know.

 > I am now running FreeBSD 10 on an i7 without any problems. It should
also be possible to get the same result with a current 9.0.
 > Do the same what I have done. Use PC-BSD just to get a machine
running and then update to FreeBSD.

I was hoping to find an OS distribution that works OOTB.  The key
features I'm looking for are:

1.  Full support of my hardware; notably Enhanced Speed Step, AES-NI,
Intel HD Graphics 2000 dual head, and SSD TRIM.

2.  ZFS on encrypted partitions, including root.

I guess I'll have to wait for PC-BSD 10 or FreeBSD 10.

Thanks!

David