"da0: 40.000MB/s transfers" What was rationale behind pegging USB 2.0 at 40MB/s?

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Mon Jul 23 10:02:57 UTC 2012

> i have never seen USB 2.0 exceeding 35MB/s write and 40MB/s read.

That means I essentially got what I wanted- as
high read output as possible on USB 2.0. Thanks.

Indeed 35MB/s-40MB/s is common reported maximum
throughput.

> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da0 bs=64k count=1
> newfs_msdosfs /dev/da0

Apart from bs= that's exactly what I did (Well, there
was one /dev/random/ run prior.)

What I previously meant is that I had such pendrive, that
without former formatting in Windows, didn't even show
up as device in FreeBSD- was completely useless.

That does not mean I didn't newfs_msdosfsed it after
that in FreeBSD (worked perfectly fine since) :)