"da0: 40.000MB/s transfers" What was rationale behind pegging USB 2.0 at 40MB/s?

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Sun Jul 22 21:56:57 UTC 2012

18MB/s write is figure from few

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/da0 bs=1 to 15M

runs, 13-14MB/s from actual files copied
in mc to flash and 36-39MB/s file copied
from flash to hdd in mc.

dd if=/dev/da0 of=/dev/zero bs=15m

gives 33MB/s read.

Speaking of advertisements, yes I know
but USB 3.0 drives with nice flashes are
capable of speeds well above 2.0 limits,
and that's the point anyway.

Speaking of formatting, I can't agree, as
I bought such awfully formatted drive, that it
had to be FAT formatted in Windows  to be
even recognized in FreeBSD as device.

And I don't usually have Windows around.