fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Fri Jul 20 17:40:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Wojciech Puchar
<wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>> regulations have been tightened further recently as to mandate
>> sector-level encryption of the hard disks as well, just to be on the
>> sure(rer) side. At least in certain particularly sensitive areas.
>
> which may be a proof that governments know backdoors alloving recovery
> from encrypted drives using builtin "hardware encryption" (FDE).
>
> Not that easy with geli ;)

Indeed.

But getting GELI certified and approved by the relevant
institutions and agencies isn't that easy either. Yet without
getting both, we aren't allowed to rely on GELI as the sole
encryption-provider. As an add-on on top of a certified solution,
GELI wouldn't hurt though: it's a decent piece of code.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/