for the impatient: Linux LibreOffice works on FreeBSD

Alexander Kapshuk alexander.kapshuk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:22:20 UTC 2012

On 07/19/12 09:41, Vaclav Kadlcik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since there has been various issues building LibreOffice from
> ports lately and not everyone can or wants follow all the patches
> flying around, I'd like to share that the Linux binary build runs
> fine for me.
>
> I downloaded Linux' x86 tar package, did tar xf to get RPMs
> and finally:
>    for i in *rpm; do rpm2cpio $i | cpio -ivd; done
> That created opt/libreoffice3.5. You can move where you like
> and start it using libreoffice3.5/program/soffice.
>
> (I'm tracking 9-STABLE with Linux compatibility enabled it this
> matters.)
>
> May this help someone lazy or impatient like me...
> Oli
> libreoffice-3.5.5
Just upgraded libreoffice to version 3.5.5 using ports. Didn't have any
trouble installing is, nor upgrading it.

:; uname -a
FreeBSD box2 9.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue Jun 12
01:47:53 UTC 2012
root at i386-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

:; pkg_info -x libreoffice
Information for libreoffice-3.5.5

What sort of errors did you encounter while building the package using
the ports?