for the impatient: Linux LibreOffice works on FreeBSD

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Thu Jul 19 12:18:19 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Wojciech Puchar
<wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

>>> what's wrong in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3
>>>

>> Oracle
>

> oracle donated everything to apache foundation.

Yes, but not before creating a big mess, stagnating development and
forcing the core team out of Oracle to create LO and I guess [pure
speculation] that in the end it backfired and Larry (aka "we'll simply
take it") was left with no resources to maintain it and had no choice
but to let it go, maybe in an attempt to save face, who knows.