fsck on FAT32 filesystem?

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 11:37:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 12:49:50 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar articulated:

> > Otherwise, you may run the danger of building a wall around
> > yourself.
>
> everyone should judge by his/her own brain which opinions are right.
>
> Actually in every moment i try to encourage EVERYONE to turn on
> his/her brain that we all have but rarely use.
>
> To be ever able to use ones brain properly all "widely known truth",
> "standard practices" etc.. should be forgotten at least for a moment.

Citation needed & examples please.

> Mantras are always against clear thinking and understanding.

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "mantras".

> The most important repeated mantra i am righting is that FreeBSD (or
> any Free unix) should be "easier to newbies".

Citation needed.

> This already killed linux long time ago, NetBSD too, and going to
> kill FreeBSD.

Really, I must have missed the funeral.

> Most of "newbies" are not the ones that are likely to learn anything.
> They want click-click interface to install and run something so they
> can add "FreeBSD knowledge" to their CV.

That statement goes beyond stupid. At some point, everyone is a
"newbie". If your statement is to be taken at face value, then the
majority of new users would, according to you, never bother to learn
anything. You might want to try and back that up with some verifiable
facts. Furthermore, in regards to your "click-click interface"
statement, the Ubuntu operating system is gaining traction everyday.
Everyone is not locked into the c.1990's.

> They can do ONLY harm to FreeBSD.

Citation needed.

> Some get hired and results in problems described in thread "Help
> solving the sysadm's nightmare" for the man hired after them..
>
> > While it is not a case here, I have seen few people on other lists
> > to do the same just because they were not able to comprehend a
> > topic discussed, and in frustration they killfiled the person
> > involved.

I have witnessed your posts on Dovecot being ridiculed as nothing more
than TROLLing.

> it's still nothing wrong to add a rule to redirect someones (mine)
> mail to /dev/null, but the way they do this:
>
> - showing whole world they do this
> - showing whole world their .procmailrc (so happy they finally learnt
> procmail?)
> - performing personal attacks every time they disagree.

"procmail" -- really? While everyone is free to use what ever solution
they find advantageous, I would certainly not recommend "procmail".
Procmail is widely used on Unix-based systems and stable, but no longer
maintained. Many users have switched to maildrop. Personally, I prefer
"sieve" with Dovecot. Just a personal preference and yet far more
robust.

> Doesn't look like serious people's behavior.

Your actions mimic that of a TROLL. You make blanket statements sans any
verifiable proof or documentation; i.e. "dd" being the ultimate disk
recovery utility or its ability to absolutely, positively erase any HD
without any possibility of it being recovered.

I can understand why informed users might block you. I think I will be
following their lead. It seems that you have managed to annoy,
infuriate and offend users on at least two lists, this one and Dovecot,
and I am sure several others as well. At least you have a perfect
batting average.

--
Carmel ✌
carmel_ny at hotmail.com