for the impatient: Linux LibreOffice works on FreeBSD

Vaclav Kadlcik kron24 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 06:42:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

since there has been various issues building LibreOffice from
ports lately and not everyone can or wants follow all the patches
flying around, I'd like to share that the Linux binary build runs
fine for me.

I downloaded Linux' x86 tar package, did tar xf to get RPMs
and finally:
  for i in *rpm; do rpm2cpio $i | cpio -ivd; done
That created opt/libreoffice3.5. You can move where you like
and start it using libreoffice3.5/program/soffice.

(I'm tracking 9-STABLE with Linux compatibility enabled it this
matters.)

May this help someone lazy or impatient like me...
Oli