YASSDQ

Graham Bentley admin at cpcnw.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 20:55:22 UTC 2012

Hi I have put together a little experimental FreebSD 9.0
box which comprises of ;

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/934
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-023-ZA
2GB RAM and a Sandisk SDSA3BD-054G 8GB SSD

The idea is a silent system I can tinker on - nothing serious.
I chose the guided install and accepted the default partition
/ fs layout. I thought the things where running a bit slow and
changed from 'native' in the BIOS to 'legacy' SATA and things
seem a bit quicker now however I am wondering if I am getting
the bext out of the SDD? I have read a little about 'aligning' and
4k sectors I think? If its running ok should I leave as is? Or do
you have tunning advice for me?

Thanks!