FreeBSD vs Hurd what is the differences?

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:28:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Wojciech Puchar
<wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>>> As for reading anything else than internal firefox data it is not
>>> possible
>>> except very basic bug is there.
>>

>> Yes otherwise all the flash sites would have gathered files from local
>> disks.
>

> true. javascript activity is sandboxed. But within that sandbox there are
> million bugs.
>
> i've already seen trojans that completely took control over firefox.
> But - in spite it was windoze - ONLY firefox. Everything else was fine.
>
> Deleting firefox user data removed the trojan.

Nothing is impossible at that complexity.

I'd still like to know what Julian saw as you didn't see that.
Did it really contain a script which made it fetch random files from the
local disk? Julian? Which Firefox version? I am a little concerned.

>> There are some new Browser APIs which allow you to create files and
>> only the site that created and owns the file may access it.
>
> From what version?

http://people.mozilla.com/~tglek/velocity2012/
https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/FileHandleAPI
Planned as a supplement or replacement for IndexedDb it seems.