Port upgrade change ownership of port installation directory and files

Lubomir Matousek lubos.matousek at lubnet.net
Mon Jan 30 19:31:29 UTC 2012

On 30.1.2012 14:52, Damien Fleuriot wrote:

> You'll want to be more specific, what files do you refer to ?
>
> If you're talking about the binaries and modules, they're owned by root
> so this is a non issue.
>
> If you're talking about the configuration files, they're also owned by root.
>
> If you're talking about SSL certificates you've installed them yourself
> and a portupgrade will not change their perms.
>
> If you're talking about logfiles, these are your responsibility and,
> again, the port won't change them.
>
> Last, if you're talking about your HTML/php/whatever files, these are
> also your responsiblity and untouched by the port.

Sorry for not being more specific.

After port upgrade
portupgrade -rR squirrealmail

I have to
chown -R wbserv:wbserv /var/spool/sqirrelmail

Or after upgrade of postfixadmin:
  portupfrade -rR postfixadmin
I have to change perms again:
  chown -R wbserv:wbserv /usr/local/www/postfixadmin

What is the best aprroach? To specify correct file ownership at
make.conf? How can I do that?

Lubomir