RIP routing protocol implementation is FreeBSD?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:33:25 UTC 2012

Hi there,

does anyone know if there's an implementation of the RIP version 2
routing protocol in FreeBSD???

I would like to use it to exchange routes with my Cisco 857W router as
the BSD machine will provide routing for a virtual test network in VBox.

I did check out the handbook for the enable_routerd="YES" and have used
that before as default gateway of 'last-resort' with NAT but never RIP
as don't wana use NAT in this case.

OpenBSD definitely has it but since am more familiar with FreeBSD I
thought let's try here first :-)

Can anyone help me out?

Regards,

Kaya