FreeBSD 9 on Lenovo X200 what works?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 10:45:39 UTC 2012

On 01/26/2012 01:57 AM, Da Rock wrote:
> Despite having similar hardware, you're only real best bet is to "suck
> it and see". Try installing and seeing what you can get to work
> (dmesg, pciconf -lv, usbconfig, kldload modules, questions here, etc).
>
> I've had mixed success with laptops (they're just about all I have as
> a desktop), and about my only problems have been with wifi- though
> that has mostly disappeared with Adrian's excellent work.

I will have a go as Salix (which is on there now isn't cutting it and
spent all night trying to get things in order but didn't :(

Tested the live FBSD9 disk in the meantime and the wireless gets
detected out of the box. As long as I get wifi and HD video and sound
coming out of the headphone socket I will be fine....

I'm running 8.2 on an X200.  For the most part everything works.  My
main complaint is that the sound is very quiet, and I haven't found
the setting to fix that.

Video and wifi work fine.  The kernel sees the camera and the thumb
reader but I haven't looked for applications that use them.

Ok this sounds promising - for wifi see above!

App for camera is Googletalk if supported on Firefox 9, and PAM for the
figureprint reader. Just thinkin about WWAN now but there was a post
floating around about 3G modems so I might just be in luck.... not that
I've ever used WiMax before.

Thanks for the replies guys :-)

Regards,

Kaya