UPDATING 20120116 -- x11/xcb-util -- instructions not working

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Wed Jan 25 14:53:51 UTC 2012

For the life of me I can't work around this xcb-util issue. This is a
pretty fresh install and I have not made any workaround symlinks.

I ran:

# portmaster -R -r xcb-util-0

And the problem persists. It didn't even complete all the packages because
some were still erroring on missing xcb libraries.

Example, editors/mousepad:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/local/lib/libxcb-aux.la' or
unhandled argument `/usr/local/lib/libxcb-aux.la'
gmake[2]: *** [mousepad] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/editors/mousepad/work/mousepad-0.2.16/src'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/editors/mousepad/work/mousepad-0.2.16'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 1

Is there a solution I'm missing? I'd really like to get this resolved
today so all my programs work again :P