php5 port seems broken

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:03:50 UTC 2012

Tim Kellers wrote:

> On 1/22/12 5:35 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>>   I'm attempting to install php5 from my ports tree. I've attempted the
>>   latest version ( 5.3.9 located in /usr/ports/lang/php5) and the 'latest
>>   stable' (5.2.17 located in /usr/ports/lang/php52). The result is pretty
>>   much the same:
[snip]
>> =>  php-5.3.9.tar.bz2 doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> =>  Attempting to fetch http://dk.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
>> fetch: http://dk.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2: Requested Range
>> Not Satisfiable
>> =>  Attempting to fetch http://de.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
>> fetch: http://de.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2: Requested Range
>> Not Satisfiable
>> =>  Attempting to fetch http://es.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
>> fetch: http://es.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2: Requested Range
>> Not Satisfiable
>> =>  Attempting to fetch http://fi.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
>> fetch: http://fi.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2: Requested Range
>> Not Satisfiable
>> =>  Attempting to fetch http://fr.php.net/distributions/php-5.3.9.tar.bz2
[snip]

When I went to portupgrade mine on 16 Jan I experienced exactly the same. I
ended up locating the tarball somewhere, downloaded it, and placed it in
distfiles manually. Then the portupgrade went without hitch.

>> I was just wondering if anyone might have a guess as to why this wasn't
>> working?

My bet is bad links pointing at a bad tarball.

[snip]
> I just portupgraded my php5 this morning and I was able to fetch the
> distfile without trouble.  It might just be a partially dled file and a
> checksum mismatch.

Sounds like the situation was discovered fairly quick and corrected.

[snip]

-Mike