Portmanager Status Report Gone

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Jan 15 15:33:36 UTC 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:09:06 -0500
Daniel Staal articulated:

> I was trying out portmaster to see if it worked better than my
> current tool of choice for keeping my ports up to date (portmanager)
> and when I went back to portmanager I can no longer get it to give me
> a 'Port Status Report', or to update anything.  It just collects the
> installed port data, and stops.
>
> Any ideas on what I may have messed up?  I'd like to upgrade my ports
> to the latest versions before upgrading to 9.0 (and I'd want
> portmanager working afterwards to help me fix any port-related
> problems that come up.) I'm on 8.2.

Exactly how are you invoking "portmanager"? Usually, just give it it the
"-s" flag will get you a list of port and there status as you probably
know.

If you just want to update everything before updating FreeBSD itself, I
would suggest running it as: "portmanager -u -l -p -y" Obviously,
update your ports tree prior to running that command. At the very
least, you will end up with a log file telling you what failed to
update properly.

I use portmanager myself because it "just works" when other port
management tools fail.

--
Jerry ♔