upgrade from 8.2 to 9.0

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Fri Jan 13 15:29:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

Am 13.01.2012 14:42, schrieb Dick Hoogendijk:
> I possible I want my server to upgrade from 8.2-RELEASE to 9.0-RELEASE.
> I guess the binary upgrade will not be a problem with "freebsd-update -r
> 9.0-RELEASE fetch" If so, I do like to hear the caveats.

I did last week a source upgrade and the new generic kernel has not able
to detected my hard disks anymore and therefor the system could not be
booted, because the zfs file system was not mountable anymore.

But if some users are reporting here good results, I maybe will try it
again.

Bye
Matthias

Rich Cook