ports vs packages

Eric Masson emss at free.fr
Tue Jan 10 12:05:39 UTC 2012

Dick Hoogendijk <dick at nagual.nl> writes:

Hi,

> As I write in another reply: that's true and totally stupid imo.

*You* think it's stupid.

There's not one true way to serve php pages, more and more platforms use
a lightweight httpd daemon like nginx and php-fpm for example.

If you manage many servers, you can build custom packages with options
you need and then deploy.

If you tinker with your home server, using the ports isn't that a
problem...

Éric Masson

--
 je comprend pas ce a quoi sert ce site ou cette boite a lettre.J'y voit
 plein de messages et autres anneries alors si tu pouvais m'aider et me