high load system do not take all CPU time

Коньков Евгений kes-kes at yandex.ru
Mon Jan 9 17:36:47 UTC 2012

Здравствуйте, Robert.

Вы писали 26 декабря 2011 г., 23:54:59:

RB> [drivelectomy -- 200+ lines]

RB> You've been told the following, *repeatedly*:

RB> Your hardware is not capable of keeping up with the level of network traffic
RB> it is being subjected to.

RB> Reaaltek cards and the 're' device driver are a *BAD*CHOICE* for systems with
RB> heavy network traffic.  They're merely 'medium lousy' on a lightly-loaded
RB> system, but you don't notice the problems under light loads.

RB> You have two choices:
RB>   1) "live with" the crappy performance
RB>   2) get a better quality network card.

# uname -a
FreeBSD  9.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE #0 r229830: Mon Jan  9 02:53:51 EET 2012     :/usr/obj/usr/src.svn/9.0.0/sys/KES_KERN_v9  i386

I get Intel card, but with FreeBSD 9 Release it dont work at all!

Hangs up after one or two hours of work.

any suggestions?

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/163903

--
С уважением,