Realtek RTL8191SEvB Linux driver?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Jan 4 22:49:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 10:36:58PM +0000, Chris Whitehouse wrote:

> it does look like the card is accessible via that panel on the
> underside. In which case it is probably quicker and more certain to
> work to swap cards than to get the Realtek working with ndis, with
> very little cost - which was my original suggestion to the OP.

I agree, so long as Toshiba does not do hardware whitelisting with that
model.  If it does, I suspect just getting a compatible card from another
Toshiba would probably work; if not, there may possibly be a software
tool (probably on a bootable CD image) that can be used to deactivate the
hardware whitelisting somewhere out there on the Internet, as there is
for ThinkPads.