Browser

Bas Smeelen b.smeelen at ose.nl
Wed Jan 4 13:05:24 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 01:59 PM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Hi,
> Reference:
>> From:		Daniel Lewis <innervisionnetwork at gmail.com>
>> Date:		Wed, 4 Jan 2012 07:17:47 -0500
>> Message-id:	<CAHsiZG-op0MO79qaWG2gRLYLeaTKcip8iabQ+0AYQVK7iDZ5pg at mail.gmail.com>
> Daniel Lewis wrote:
>> Im running Free BSD 8.2 and was wondering whats a good web browser for
>> version 8.2?
>> Where and how would we install it? ( Im really new to unix)
> su
> cd /usr/ports/www/firefox ; make install
>
> This fetches then builds from source code
>
> Or to install binaries
> 	man pkg_add
>
> Cheers,
> Julian

To follow up.
Midori and Epiphany are not explained in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html

as root:
cd /usr/ports/www/midori && make install clean
Epiphany comes with the gnome desktop environment, which is mentioned in the
Handbook also.

I don't use/install the Java plugin, only flash

Disclaimer: http://www.ose.nl/email