Exact timestamp for sorting and renaming files according to creation order

Devin Teske devin.teske at fisglobal.com
Tue Jan 3 21:09:22 UTC 2012

On ZFS, all is well...

% df -hT /raid1/jails/package8-1/COPYRIGHT
Filesystem              Type    Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
raid1/jails/package8-1  zfs     835G    672M    835G     0%
/raid1/jails/package8-1

% stat -f "%N %FB" /raid1/jails/package8-1/COPYRIGHT
/raid1/jails/package8-1/COPYRIGHT 1324356049.328275367

But alas, on UFS2:

% df -hT /COPYRIGHT
Filesystem     Type    Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/mfid0s1a  ufs     989M     64M    846M     7%    /

% stat -f "%N %FB" /COPYRIGHT
/COPYRIGHT 1279505857.000000000

--
Devin