8.2 fails to boot after install on Sun

Miller, Leonard lmiller at aai.textron.com
Tue Jan 3 20:59:46 UTC 2012

Hi,
I have tried installing 8.2 Sparc on a Sun system multiple times, using different options, and each time I do, it takes me back to the initial options screen, where I have to exit the install, forcing it to halt.  I am never prompted to install a boot manager or anything else.  I always get through the install process, installing packages, adding users, network settings, etc.

When I power cycle the machine and change the boot settings back to defaults, it fails to boot.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Leonard