Realtek RTL8191SEvB Linux driver?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Jan 3 17:44:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 01:28:17 +1000
Da Rock articulated:

> And it appears to be so alien to you that M$ might possibly not allow
> a unified API between closed and open source in _your_ so called free
> society, or that what make other systems different _is_ the API,
> license, policies, etc. You cannot change a system so fundamentally
> without _breaking_ it- *any* system. Have you had any experience in
> any of the fields you even claim to be knowledgeable in? I know
> university lecturers who aren't so don't even try to hide behind
> letter suffixes.

Obviously you are having a very difficult time expression yourself in
English. I understand that. I can't talk Spanish worth a crap. In any
case, attempting to decipher your writings is more time consuming than
I plan to allocate myself at this time. In any, Microsoft would have no
say in what common API was agreed upon by a coalition of *nix/*BSD
developers. I am totally and completely lost at how you even came to
that conclusion. While Microsoft does undoubtedly write some drivers,
all the the hardware drivers for devices that I have used for probably
10 years that I can document are written by and owned by entities other
that Microsoft. If Microsoft actually had control over said drivers as
you seem to believe, the EU aka "USSREU" would have attempted to have
Microsoft release driver specific information to everyone with their
hand out. Even Opera couldn't get the EU to bite on that one.

There is no legal problem here. The problem is that it is easier to
bitch about something and blame others than to form a consensus and
correct the problem. There are all ready people working on it. Somehow
though, I get the real impression that if a unified API were to be
developed that FreeBSD would be the only one not on-board.