Thinkpad w500 microphone with Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)

Bill Tillman btillman99 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 22:25:47 UTC 2012

________________________________

From: Eric Schuele <e.schuele at computer.org>
To: Lyubomir Grigorov <lyubomir at grigorovl.eu>
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: Thinkpad w500 microphone with Conexant CX20561 (Hermosa)

On 01/01/2012 15:23, Lyubomir Grigorov wrote:
> I assume you are using Skype with linuxator? In this case, are the sound
> devices in Skype set to "OSS"? From the PC-BSD forum, the following got sound
> working for me, since OSS wasn't showing as an option:

hmm.  well. thats a good quesiton (with linuxulator?) now that you
mention it.
The port is marked BROKEN.  and if you unmark it as such you can't get
the distfiles.  So I pulled them off a machine I had it one from some
time (years?) back and built it.  It built fine.  Runs fine.  Digging
into var/db/pkg/skype* ... +CONTENTS says linux this and that....  so
I'd dare to say yes then.

There does not seem to be a config option in Skype that I can find to
set it to use OSS.  Just says '/dev/dsp' and /dev/dsp0'.

> # pkg_add -r linux-f10-alsa-plugins-oss
> # cp /compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/pcm-oss.conf-dist
>  /compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/

I'm not seeing the above in the ports tree.  :/

> Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)

Hard to believe that ThinkPads are still in existence. The overpriced computers that so many folks just had to have back in the mid to late 1990's. I recall one lawyer I worked for paid over $7,000 USD for his ThinkPad and that 15 years ago when the dollar was still ahead of the Euro. Everybody wanted one because of those three magic lettters, "IBM". And I always thought that was funny because IBM made very little if any of the parts that went into a ThinkPad laptop.