postfix knowledgable folks

csbender csbender at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 25 20:53:36 UTC 2012

I need to bid out some work,

Is there anybody who is good at postfix with freebsd 8.2.
I am willing to pay an expert if he can assist me as I am having issue with my
system.

What is happening is mail is coming from machine A--à sent to a middle machine X
which I think is acting as a delivery machine(as I see postfix as a processes)
which iisn’t the recipient of the mail just Deliverer. It is also a jails
machine. Anyway the logs on system A say the following when sending a mail to me
through X.

Feb 25 13:04:17 ccl_imagpsm sendmail[25091]: q1OFs7e0007106:
to=<chris.bender at cell.com>, ctladdr=<build at ccl_imagpsm.wms.cell.com> (500/500),
delay=21:10:07, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=4080533,
relay=tools2.wms.cell.com., dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection timed out with
tools2.wms.cell.com.

I did a tcp dump on system X and I did see packets coming in and out from X on
port 25 but nothing came in on the maillog.

I attempted  telnet to IP address of system X on port 25 from A. Connection
times out.

The DNS isn’t an issue I tried the IP address as well.

On system X I see postfix running. I restarted postfix several times on system
X. I even restarted the entire system.

I know nothing about postfix either. It is weird that I can email from X though.

I tried postfix status from MAN and postfix flush but that didn’t reveal much.

Its weird that the delivery on A says deferred connection timed out but on
tcpdump I see the port 25 Traffic seemingly working on system X.

That’s what I know which is very little about this.

please call 561 312 4848 ask for scott