CPAN hanging on ExtUtils::MakeMaker even if installed

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Wed Feb 22 19:30:36 UTC 2012

On Feb 22, 2012, at 11:40 AM, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
> The remaining port (lang/perl5.8) hasn't been modified in 7 months, and
> I believe it may well be deprecated and removed fairly soon.

Good to know.  What version comes with FreeBSD if you don't install a port of Perl?  Is there some way to just "yank" the installed port and revert to the default installed version?

I'm only running 5.8.9 because once upon a time I wanted to use a port (possibly RT) that required it.  So I installed it from the ports as a way to run the latest version available at that time.

Thanks,
Jaime