CUPS 1.5.2 not working, like to test 1.4.x, how?

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Mon Feb 20 23:06:23 UTC 2012

I am trying to get CUPS 1.5.2 from ports working with my printer and I
encounter a problem exactly like a bug described in
http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4008, albeit with a Kyocera 1030-D instead of
a kyocera 2000. In essence, CUPS 1.5.+ is sending corrupted data to some
printers and the remedies suggested by the CUPS-people do not work
... not in his case and neither in mine.

As I cannot get CUPS 1.5.2 to work, I would like to test my assumption
of a buggy 1.5.+ with an older version, preferably 1.4.8 which I have in
a working state with that printer on a Solaris machine.

Is there any documentation available on how to retrieve old ports from
the cvs-attic? I just don't know how, so that I could test my assumption
that CUPS 1.4.x should be working for my setup.

Thanks and cheers,
--
Christopher
TZ GMT + 1h