One or Four?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Mon Feb 20 16:14:59 UTC 2012

> > I remember when & why the list was set up.
> > See src/ etc/motd
>
> Wow, you must be old.

Unless you are clueless, it's trivial to find when questions@ was
created, & easy to find when motd pointed to questions, those dates
are insufficient to predicate age.

> I don't see how this is so OT for a general questions list - regardless
> of verbiage about its charter.   A general question was asked and
> many people responded in various ways, hopefully all to the benefit
> of the FreeBSD system and community.

FreeBSD thrives on co-operation.  Conforming to FreeBSD lists remits
is part of the co-operation, & a requirement to post to lists.
Read, memorise & conform by posting to list with most appropriate remit
on a per thread basis.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".