'rm' Can not delete files

Karl Vogel vogelke+unix at pobox.com
Tue Feb 14 02:13:36 UTC 2012

>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:34:20 -0500,
>> Henry Olyer <henry.olyer at gmail.com> said:

H> I never learned a shell language.  I suppose no one is as dumb as
H> someone who choose's not to learn, so, what's the right one.  csh?

   Not for scripting:
   http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/

   I work in an environment containing FreeBSD, Solaris, and Linux boxes.
   Using a subset of BASH that also runs under the Korn Shell helps avoid
   portability surprises if I want to get something running on a different
   box, or if I post a script to a mailing list.

   If you're already in the habit of writing BASH and you have /bin/ksh
   installed, running "ksh -n" will syntax-check your script without
   executing it.  I *think* pdksh does the same thing.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore-house or
a politician.  And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
                                                        --Harry Truman