HowTo easy use IPFW

Kevin Oberman kob6558 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 07:38:51 UTC 2012

2012/2/4 Julian Elischer <julian at freebsd.org>:
> On 2/2/12 1:33 AM, Коньков Евгений wrote:
>>
>> this is the mine script which helps me keep my firewall very clean and
>> safe.
>>
>> It is easy to understand even if you have a thousands rules, I think =)
>>
>> please comment.
>>
>> PS. If anybody may, please put into ports tree. thank you.
>

> it would probably be get more response if it was in a file format we had
> heard of.. like tar..
>
> WTF is a ".rar"  file?

rar is a compression and archiving tool used commonly for bittorrent.
The tool to extract files is in port archivers/rar, but it's
commercial and a proprietary format. The free tool is only capable of
extracting, not compressing. It is reported that its compression is
very good, better than bzip2, xz and can even do a reasonable job of
compressing things like already compressed video formats. (Probably
why it became popular for bittorrent.)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558 at gmail.com