Possible move back to FreeBSD

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Fri Feb 3 05:35:14 UTC 2012

Hi

I have been using Debian for a few years now (previous BSD user) and I'm considering moving back.

Admittedly, I have gotten used to the simplicity of using apt-get to update the system.

What will pull me back is if there is an equivalent to use. I do not intend on custom kernels, and I don't intend on using ports (it was the many hours spent keeping the ports tree current along with installed ports).

If someone would suggest the material to read and perhaps a synopsis of the process, I would be happy to do the leg work.

TIA
Chris

Sent from my HTC.