Software Manager - try again later

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Dec 15 12:11:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 22:38:08 +0000 (GMT), Mardorf Ralf wrote:
> Hi :)
>

> Software Manager (PC-BSD 8.2) can't install software.
> Removing and updating software does work, but if I try to install software, I get
> "Download failed! Please try again later." and I tried again for several days.
> I couldn't find a hint searching the web, so any hints are welcome ( http://lmgtfy.com/ ;).
>
> This happens when I try to install Evolution, AbiWord, Claws, Hydrogen and others.

I know it doesn't address the problem directly, but have you
tried using other methods of installing software on PC-BSD,
which are:

	1. download a PBI and execute it

	2. use pkg_add -r

	3. use ports collection

I'm aware of the fact that this doesn't conform to PC-BSD's
software maintenance paradigm, but it should work. Mixing
PBI and ports/packages is possible, but discouraged.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany