what is the best kind of KVM Switch?

Bob Hall rjhjr0 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 01:42:03 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 12:18:59PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	guys,
>
> 	can any of you with hardware background tell me which are
> 	the better KVM makes?  about three weeks ago my "Belkin
> 	soho" 4-port kvm switch started going flakey on port #1.
>
> 	I ordered a new one, same make//model except with PS/2
> 	plugs.   it arrived 100%  DOA.   I'Ve finally found
> 	somebody willing to come over and help me.  Fry's is about
> 	12 clicks away.  they have not too many.  maybe an
> 	"iogear" (sp?).  is there really that much diff between kvm
> 	switch? and if there is, which should I be looking for?

I've used Belkins. They've been flakey. I'm currently on my third year
with an Aten and have had no problems. I bought this cheap off the
Internet so I don't know what they usually sell for. There was some
discussion here about KVM switches just before I bought mine and
everyone who mentioned Aten said good things about it.

Best of luck