UFS Crash and directories now missing

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Mon Apr 30 17:22:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Edward M <eam1edward at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 08:38 AM, Alejandro Imass wrote:
>>
>>  just not very helpful or fun. This attitude will get
>

>    He is helping,you need to  learn how UFS, jails, nullfs, journaling, disk
> I/O  and other stuff work.
>    I have been following this thread and i must admit I also need to learn
> more on those subjects.:-)

Oh, please! He's not helping anyone. He's just being an obnoxious
prick that thinks that by pointing out a lot of technical blabber and
some cheap philosophical posé, he's going to gain some sort of place
amongst his peers, and you are just trying to do the same by
sucking-up, siding with him and seconding an simply unacceptable
attitude in a community of real peers.

If you truly know your stuff you don't have to go putting people down
and patronizing them to show off. It is only when you go over the top,
trying to prove something that your are actually just showing your
insecurities and just plain ignorance.

Why don't you google and read my posts over the years when I help
other people in things they don't know, and tell me if it's remotely
close, or if I patronize people. I might go tell someone to RTFM but I
would never go and try to put someone down just to show off that I
know a lot.

Furthermore, this is a user's list, not a deeply technical one. I
don't have to read the fsck source code to use FreeBSD or participate
on this list. If you are indeed an expert you try to help other
people, or at least give the other person the benefit of the doubt.

If you have really followed the thread, all I have done is try to find
some explanation for a strange behavior of the system under normal
use. It hung, and some directories were moved, period. I have posted
some ideas to share with other people expecting some insight and maybe
similar experience from other users, which there probably are many,
but many times afraid to speak up and avoid getting insulted.

I don't take that crap from anyone and much less in a community that I
have come to love and respect.

And it's all about that: RESPECT and you can either learn it the easy
way or the hard way, but I will tech respect one way or another.

--
Alejandro Imass