recommendation(s) for new computer

Chad Leigh Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Apr 30 10:52:45 UTC 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 4:41 AM, Erich Dollansky wrote:

>>> - Enermax Platimax 600W
>
> I do not know about your location but at mine power supplies have the tendency to have  a short life due to lightning strikes in the area. Get a cheaper model but buy two. I just ran into this problem but did not have a second one for the affected machine. The new one fits only upside down into the box with all the consequences.

no. no. no.

Get a quality power supply.  And get a Brick Wall.  www.brickwall.com   Brick Wall surge suppressors are real surge suppressors, not the fake things you buy in the store for $25 with $0.10 worth of sacrificial MOVs that degenerate over time.

And get a good UPS while you are at it as well.