UFS Crash and directories now missing

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Fri Apr 27 23:52:38 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

We had a server crash and required a hard reboot. The system is on one
disk and another disc mounts /usr/jails and everything runs in jails,
pristine base system, and the base system is working perfectly.

The second volume, the one with the jails mounted but every jail
directory disappeared except one. df still shows the data being used
so I'm guessing it's a logical error in the directory structure or
something. I unmounted the drive and ran fsck and reported no
problems. df shows the data being use so where is the data??

This is FreeBSD 8.2 updated, patched etc. The volume was UFS + Journal

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

--
Alejandro Imass