Performance and mouse problems

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Fri Apr 27 16:14:25 UTC 2012

Hi all

I've got two very strange problem

I'm running 9-stable on a Dell Laptop E4200.

Since this morning when I put a USB mouse (I've try three mouses to be
sure) it's not working. The kernel and HAL see the mouse but Xorg don't
seem do anything.

The second point is the load of the system is alway more than 1 (~1.5-2)
event I do nothing. I kill all services, daemon, software and the load
never drop.

I've stop :

	hald
	dbus
	powerd
	etc...

and ps don't show any process eating some ressource. But the load is high
(and the laptop is very hot).

I make a csup of world and build new userland, and news kernel. And nothing
change....

HELP...please.

Regards.

--